Clutch-Me.Com

Learn. Make. Sell. All about clutches.

Flowers to change the mood

You guys know I love flowers!  My mother-in-law really taught me the love of planting and growing flowers.  Nothing like seeing beauty emerging from dirt!  With another somber anniversary of 9/11 that has just passed along with the deadly and horrific death of US embassy workers in Lybia, I really needed flowers to change the mood I was feeling.  In fact, a visual minder of a bright, living, beautiful vase of flowers can really help brighten up the room – and my heart.

You also may know that I get inspired by lots of women.  I made this arrangement after reading a DIY blog post from A Pretty Penny.  Keira owns a little flower shop, likes to pay 75% off retail and has a doodle, too!  So cute.  She shops at Kohl’s – a lot – and all of that makes her my total girl crush.  Please check out Keira’s blog for ideas and inspiration.

My creation:  total cost of materials – under $21!

Not great like Keira’s but I’m no professional.

Here’s Keira’s blog post at A Pretty Penny:

Gorgeous!

I hope you all have had a great week.  I’m currently working on videos for the clutch tutorial.  No slick productions here, but it’ll be a great addition to my shop.  It takes me about 4 hours of work to get 2 minutes of good video.  I have over 20 short videos to do.  It’s going to be a busy month!

Cheers~  Winn 🙂

September 12, 2012 - Posted by | WhileBabyNaps General Updates | ,

6 Comments »

1. Hi there! This blog post couldn’t be written much better! Looking through this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He constantly kept preaching about this. I will forward this information to him.
    Pretty sure he’s going to have a great read.
    I appreciate you for sharing!

Comment by Makayla | January 28, 2016 | Reply

2. I often buy flowers as a ‘last resort’ , always forgetting that I love to have flowers in my home… such a pretty decoration (and creation!) in that first image Winn.

Comment by styleonthecouch | September 15, 2012 | Reply

• My husband of 31+ years buys flowers for me almost every time he shops at Wal-Mart. We live in Arkansas (home of the late Bud Walton, founder) so there are Wal-Mart stores on almost every corner. Some may laugh and say that he is “cheap.” I laugh because he thinks of me often and knows that I love flowers…no matter where they come from! Needless to say, I always have beautiful fresh flowers in my home. Oh, and did I mention that he is also the general manager of a 40 acre landscape nursery? Whether inside our home or in our yard we always have beautiful flowers and shrubs to remind us of God’s amazing creation.

Comment by Laura | October 13, 2012 | Reply

• Ok, Laura, I’m officially super envious of the flowers that you get! How very thoughtful of your DH! And what’s the secret to being married for that long without wanting to maim him at some point?? LOL 😉

Comment by Winn | October 21, 2012 | Reply

• The secret to a long marriage: never go to bed angry; do little things you know your spouse will like (flowers); remember that it’s not your spouse’s job to make you happy…YOU have to CHOOSE to be happy; accept that we all change over time & don’t use that excuse to go “hunting”; and the most important of all: keep Christ as the center of your marriage. You made a vow before Him & unless your spouse is breaking Biblical guidelines you should honor that vow.
          And that’s how you stay HAPPILY married for 31+ years!! The flowers sure don’t hurt though!!
          Laura

Comment by Anonymous | October 22, 2012 | Reply

• Great advice from someone who’s been there. Thanks Laura! I wish you both another wonderful 31 years! xo

Comment by Winn | October 22, 2012 | Reply

Leave your thoughts ... please :)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s